how can i help?

Get informed

Around the world, more than 68 million people are displaced from their homes.

Here are some sources of information about the situation:

  • UNHCR - The UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people.

  • The Guardian - This UK publication is well-regarded and publishes thoughtful articles about the refugee crisis.  

  • Washington Post - A US publication that has reported extensively on the refugee issue. 

  • The Globe and Mail - One of the best sources for articles about refugees in Canada.

  • ReliefWeb - ReliefWeb is the leading humanitarian information source on global crises and disasters. It is a specialized digital service of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

sponsor refugees

Canada has one of the best refugee sponsorship programs in the w...
welcome refugeeS

UNHCR has produced a video with some ideas for how to help refugees in your community.
The video offers 8 suggestions for how to get involved.

There are refugee settlement agencies across the country. Contact the organization closest to you and find out how you can welcome newcomers to Canada. Some agencies include:




  • MOSAIC - MOSAIC is a registered charity serving immigrant, newcomer and refugee communities in Greater Vancouver for the past 40 years. They offer a number of volunteer opportunities in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. 



  • COSTI - COSTI has service centres spread throughout Toronto, York Region and Peel that offer employment services, English language training and shelter for refugees, providing the means for hope to over 42,000 people each year.

show your support

Let your Member of Parliament know that you support policies to bring refugees to Canada. The contact information for all Members of Parliament can be found here



Check out some of the projects that we are supporting and make a donation. 


have questions?